Friday, February 14, 2020

Happy Valentine Day

Dear Love

If you’re reading this it means I actually worked up the courage to write it, so good for me. As you very often asked me to write something or rather make it a routine to write a letter for you every day, but if you get me started I have a tendency to go on and on about how hard the writing is for me (I can write anywhere… Or not, as the case may be, which is not the case.). But this, this is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to write.
I still remember our first meeting and it was kind of “love at first sight” Although, it was an arranged meeting (on the day of our engagement) when I’ve seen you first. —it was a perfect storm. You said one thing, I said another. Amidst all the awkwardness and in the brief encounter we had, next thing I knew, I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you, in the middle of that conversation. I had this feeling in my gut: You are the one. And there was not a whisker of doubt in my mind, hence I said "YES" and you reciprocated the same (I believe the feeling was mutual).
Dear Love, It’s a big, bad world full of twists and turns, and people have a way of blinking and missing the moment… the moment that could’ve changed everything. I still remember, I didn't want to blink for a moment and was mustering all my courage to tell you, "How beautiful you were looking at that moment, the moment when our eyes met for first time. A smile occurred on your lips, a bright sparkle shone in your eyes and I was so mesmerised that I completely forgot the surroundings and was dumbstruck. 
Now as we have spent quite some time together, Now I am pretty clear that you are completely nuts, in a way that makes me smile—highly neurotic, a great deal of maintenance required. That’s the good news. The bad is that I don’t know how to be with you right now, and that scares the shit out of me. Because if I am not with you right now, I have this feeling we will get lost out there.
I miss you. I miss you being around, I miss your chatters, I miss your silence, I miss your smell.  Damn!  you smell good, like home. And you make excellent coffee (for yourself) & Chai for me; that’s got to count for something, right? I miss our laughter, our fight, I miss our morning talks and arguments in night. 
In short; I miss everything “you”.
Happy Valentine Day, My Love.

Love
Ami
*taking some cue from "The Californicaton"

No comments:

Post a Comment